Flashed Lollipop Nexus 5 Sprint - SMS issues

DashEndar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the factory image of lollipop onto my Nexus 5 for Sprint. I'm using the Google Messenger app. Now when I am trying to send text messages it will just say "sending." One message eventually sent, and then an MMS group text I sent failed. Granted, signal in my apartment has always been low, but before when I was on kit-kat, messages would still send immediately, even MMS messages. Anyone experiencing this issue or know how I can try to fix it?

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed the factory image of lollipop onto my Nexus 5 for Sprint. I'm using the Google Messenger app. Now when I am trying to send text messages it will just say "sending." One message eventually sent, and then an MMS group text I sent failed. Granted, signal in my apartment has always been low, but before when I was on kit-kat, messages would still send immediately, even MMS messages. Anyone experiencing this issue or know how I can try to fix it?

Update your prl and profile through the system settings - about phone. See if that helps.

Birk Binnard

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Since I have yet to flash the Lollipop image, did Lollipop remove the Settings > Data usage More... > Mobile Networks > Carrier Settings area?

Lollipop does have these settings and they worked OK for me. Get to them by Settings/Data Usage/3 dots/Cellular Networks/Carrier Settings. That's where you can update PRL and Profile.

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint with Lollipop. You can also access PRL and Profile Update by going to: Settings > More (under wireless and networks) > Cellular Networks > Carrier Settings.

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I am on Sprint myself and haven't had any issues after the update. As already said try a PRL update and a profile update if you haven't already.

Sent from my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0 Lollipop

kschwift

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
DashEndar - if you're still out there can you update this with your solution? I am a technician with Sprint and I have only seen one Nexus 6 with this issue - I was able to get it working again but my solution was a little different. It would appear that the PRL/Profile update could accomplish the same thing as what I did - mine fix was from the system side, not the phones. What I did forces the phone to reactivate, but if the PRL/Profile works that would save me a little time :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol