Buttons in heads up notifications doesn't work

jenskristian

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm running stock Lollipop on the Nexus 5 , but the new heads up notifications in Lollipop doesn't work correctly. They show up, displaying the correct information, but the buttons doesn't work. This is causing me to have to dismiss the notification, open the notification tray and act on the notification from there. Does everyone else have the same problem or is it something an app I'm using that's causing the problem? I've tested with both Hangouts video calls and the alarm clock.

Attachments

• 2014-11-17 06.50.08.jpg
    2014-11-17 06.50.08.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 46

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I tested by setting an alarm and waiting for it to pop. I was able to tap the Dismiss button with no problem at all.

Also Nexus 5, stock Lollipop, manually installed from factory image. I don't see the Google search bar in your image; are you running a third-party launcher?

jenskristian

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the stock Google Now Launcher, the search bar is just hidden automatically when I get a heads up notification. Since it's working for you it must be app I have installed that's causing this, but who knows which one. I know Lux used to cause problems like this, but I'm no longer using that.

audiosupernova

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I'm unable to interact with heads up notifications in any way except to swipe them away. Clicking on them does not open the app. It also prevents me from answering or ignoring calls. Rebooting the phone allows them to work normally again for a while, but it keeps reverting to this state after a few minutes. In one case, I'd click the notification, answer a text, then go back to browsing, but when I receive another text, notifications are back to not allowing me to interact with them. Its quite maddening actually.

svanneck

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue here. Stock Nexus 5, upgraded from 4.4.4 to Lollipop, can't interact with the heads up notification buttons. I hope they fix it quickly because it's driving me nuts.

UPDATE: I just turned off persistent notifications in 1Weather and TickTick (TickTick notification didn't go away after turning it off so that's suspect). Rebooted phone, and now the heads up notification buttons work.

Last edited:

jenskristian

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any apps installed with active persistent notifications, so I don't think that would solve the problem for me. The only one I can think of is Light Flow, but I've already tested with that app uninstalled. What's the ID on the issue you created audiosupernova?

jenskristian

May 6, 2012
Visit site
For some reason it's working on my Nexus 5, so either it was an app that was causing this, who's later been updated, or it has been fixed with an update to Play Services.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol