Nexus 5 double tap to wake

Mihnea Savu

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I haven't been able to find a clear answer anywhere. Does the nexus 5 have the double tap to wake and ambient display options? Every article ties these features to lollipop but fails to mention which hardware is compatible.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I haven't been able to find a clear answer anywhere. Does the nexus 5 have the double tap to wake and ambient display options? Every article ties these features to lollipop but fails to mention which hardware is compatible.

No it doesn't have the double tap feature by default and it doesn't have the ambient display. Now that being said, I had the Nexus 5 when it was running KitKat so when it gets Lollipop it might have these features available, as I believe the ambient display is on the Nexus 6 running Lollipop. I don't know if the software is available on the Nexus 5 for this to be a feature through Lollipop.

gcsdriver

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I heard, that the nexus 5/7 is Android5.0 Lollipop compatible, but the effect is not very good. Whether when watching a video or playing local video files on the video site, Android5.0 Lollipop comes with the player stops playing prompt will appear.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Any idea why they did not put this feature for the Nexus 5? In my opinion it is a Premium feature...
Battery issues ?

The hardware isn't all there I mean i'm sure if you root it then it can be done but if its not in the Stock 5.0 their is a reason

Boive

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Sure. But when I see phones like the OnePlus One integrating this feature (Cyanogen), it make me feels "Duh, my Nexus should do it too!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20