Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
    I updated to Lollipop last night through the 'push' update. My phone is completely stock and has not been rooted.
    Since update, the phone has been overly warm and the battery is draining way faster than it should be. As in approximately 30%/hour just sitting idle on the counter.

I wish I could upload a screenshot, but the battery tracker shows the following:

69% - approx. 4 hrs left

Android OS 4%
    Android System 3%
    Google Play Services 2%
    Fit 1%

The phone was turned off and charged to 100% an hour ago.

I did the software factory reset through the settings menu, but not sure what else to try..

Any help is much appreciated!!
    tonyr6 likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:37 PM
    See how it is tomorrow. Mine drained like crazy the first day too. You could also try putting it on battery saving mode for a cycle.
    11-19-2014 11:40 PM
    i just finished charging my battery to 100%. Took it off the charger maybe...5 minutes ago and im already at 96%.....guess google didnt work out all the bugs
    tonyr6 likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:40 PM
    I agree did the factory reset and partition wipe three times already but it makes no difference.
    11-21-2014 01:34 AM
    Warm phone often means runaway process. When it's warm, try using an app like "OS Monitor" to see what's currently using the CPU.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wral.osmonitor
    11-21-2014 08:42 AM
    I agree did the factory reset and partition wipe three times already but it makes no difference.
    Maybe you should look to see what App is burning the battery by deleting a few Apps till you see changes. The Facebook App loves to use your GPS and Wake your phone to send FB that info. You can delete the Facebook App and still use Facebook by logging it into Chrome or one of the other browsers. I use to have a App that was deleted by Google and from Playstore that allowed me to restrict any App from doing stuff to wake my N5. Several people have found the Facebook App was bleeding our battery sending our GPS info back to FB. One of FB options is to track you and ID when one of your FB friends is near you so you can meet up. Somehow even when I turn that function off FB always finds a way to turn that function back on to track me.

Not saying it is Facebook but if you start deleting a few Apps every day you should be able to find any App that is causing the issue.
    11-21-2014 10:27 AM
    I don't use Facebook.

Disable Google Fit. When I enabled it again I started to have massage battery drain. Now that it is disabled I only got 3% drain overnight which is normal.
    Angemull likes this.
    11-21-2014 10:32 AM
    Disable Fit App
    tonyr6 and Angemull like this.
    11-24-2014 09:49 PM
    Thanks, disable FIT and battery life massively improved
    05-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Hi all. I was having issues with my Nexus 5 I have had for 16 months where it wouldn't recognize any network; it basially became a smaller tablet, only able to access wifi. After spending a lot of time with T-Mobile verifying the Sim it was determined that the issue was with the phone. Called up LG (Google wouldn't do anything as it was out of warranty) and sent it to Texas. It was a very opaque process and I have not been able to find out what the problem was, or what the fix way. I was told they did an emergency flash of the software. As it was not a software issue there was not charge, which was great. I got my phone back eight days ago. It seems to be working fine now, except for the battery. It had gotten worse over time as it's gotten older, but after getting it back from LG it's like nothing i have every seen before. If i use it, even with the screen turned down to ~20%, it will last for an hour max. It will go down 20% an hour even if it's off! I am running this stock. I've wiped the cache, done a few factory resets, and everything else I've read to try and have seen no improvement. Like OP, when I go to the battery stats in settings it doesn't show any apps that are draining fast, sometimes no apps at all are listed. My drain seems to be worse than anyone's I've read about and it really is like night and day after getting it back from LG, so I'm hoping it's something obvious to you all. I've created an Andorid Central account just to post this, and I'll attach screenshots now. One last thing that I also fine very weird; the phone charges VERY fast. Like a half hour or so. I'm thinking the battery is bad but don't know how it could have gotten so much worse so fast.

My Nexus 5 (lollipop) battery is draining fast but battery app does not show the guilty app, why?-screenshot_2015-05-19-13-20-49.jpg

My Nexus 5 (lollipop) battery is draining fast but battery app does not show the guilty app, why?-screenshot_2015-05-20-20-16-42.jpg

My Nexus 5 (lollipop) battery is draining fast but battery app does not show the guilty app, why?-screenshot_2015-05-21-21-44-19.jpg

My Nexus 5 (lollipop) battery is draining fast but battery app does not show the guilty app, why?-screenshot_2015-05-22-18-08-55.jpg

My Nexus 5 (lollipop) battery is draining fast but battery app does not show the guilty app, why?-screenshot_2015-05-22-18-45-57.jpg

My Nexus 5 (lollipop) battery is draining fast but battery app does not show the guilty app, why?-screenshot_2015-05-22-22-29-53.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails My Nexus 5 (lollipop) battery is draining fast but battery app does not show the guilty app, why?-screenshot_2015-05-20-16-54-38.jpg  
    05-23-2015 08:17 AM
    Have you tried clearing the cache partition?
    05-24-2015 08:11 AM
    Yes I have done that. Sorry I wrote such a novel up there!
    05-24-2015 02:51 PM
    I believe that fast charging does indeed indicate a bad battery, as you seem to suspect.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-24-2015 08:29 PM
    I had the same issue, about the time I upgraded to lollipop and I tried to blame Lollipop. Then I ordered a replacement battery and all is great.
    05-26-2015 10:02 AM
    05-26-2015 10:12 AM
    Thanks! Very helpful. Do you game a link to the battery you bought from China? I've seen a few different options on Amazon, all with decent reviews.
    05-26-2015 11:17 AM
    Where did you buy your battery from? Some of the reviews on amazon or eBay for example are not good.

05-26-2015 04:54 PM
    Where did you buy your battery from? Some of the reviews on amazon or eBay for example are not good.

I got mine from Amazon a company called I do not see one listed on there site at this time, they are always coming and going though. You may try this link: You have to take reviews and forums with a grain (dash) of salt. Most people that leave reviews or come to forums have problem and you see complaints. Everyone else is to busy using theirs to bother.
    05-26-2015 08:25 PM