Trusted Places

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For those that have the option, is it working? I think mine is working sporadically.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It looks like I received an update to Play Services... It seems to be working now.... I didn't change anything. The places had already been set up by Google. Hopefully it keeps working!

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish there were a way to make a Trusted Route.

I haven't tinkered with Places much, but since the range can't be changed from the default one has to add multiple places if one wants to trust an entire route (i.e. let's say a walk you repeatedly make).

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I set mine up for home. Today I noticed it had forgotten my 'trusted places' options (trusted face and trusted devices were still fine). Also, every morning it seems I need to use my pattern unlock after my alarm goes off. I think maybe if the phone is going into a deep sleep it turns off location checking? (I have GPS on and not to turn off wifi during sleep).

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this isn't working that well for me, Skip Lock was much more reliable. Does High Accuracy have to be set for it to reliably work?

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this isn't working that well for me, Skip Lock was much more reliable. Does High Accuracy have to be set for it to reliably work?

I usually have my location services set to Battery Saving. I don't think I've ever had it not work. But High Accuracy will definitely work the best.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been using high accuracy and I still need to put in my pattern first thing in the morning. I notice that when I unlock the phone that the location icon pops up for a second

Posted via Android Central App

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I always use battery saving as well because Nexus. How much of a hit is High Accuracy?

It hasn't affected my battery life too much. I've been getting around 10-12 hours of battery with 2-2.5 hours screen on time, some Ingress and using news apps a lot. I also have a fitbit so I keep Bluetooth on too

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It hasn't affected my battery life too much. I've been getting around 10-12 hours of battery with 2-2.5 hours screen on time, some Ingress and using news apps a lot. I also have a fitbit so I keep Bluetooth on too

Thanks. I'll see if that makes a difference.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow didn't know about Trusted Places option. I just set Trusted Place Home and not I don't have to enter the Pattern Lock. However I wanted it to come to the home screen not a lock screen when I hit the power button so I could use the "OK Google" commands. Swiping right gives me the phone and Swiping left gives me the Camera.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Just found a way to use "Ok Goggle" in other Apps on any Screen. Doesn't seem to work from the lock screen yet but there are a lot of options to try.

Go to the "Google Now" setting screen. Push and hold an empty space on the main home screen. You will see three choices near the bottom, Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings. Select Settings. I turned on Google Now and then clicked on "Voice" it needed me to say "OK Google" three time to train for my voice. Not I can be in my Textra SMS and say "OK Google" and it works.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow didn't know about Trusted Places option. I just set Trusted Place Home and not I don't have to enter the Pattern Lock. However I wanted it to come to the home screen not a lock screen when I hit the power button so I could use the "OK Google" commands. Swiping right gives me the phone and Swiping left gives me the Camera.

Swipe up from the center of the screen to get to the home screen from locked.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Setting high accuracy didn't make a difference for me, it still requires a pin more often than not. Maybe I have to blow up the locations and add them again.... Though they are the correct locations.

Actually I'll wait for 5.0.1 and then try again..... Really would like this to work.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Setting high accuracy didn't make a difference for me, it still requires a pin more often than not.

I added a few outside locations that I'm often near. They seemed to work okay and I have battery saver on.

If it's not working for you maybe bring up Maps to see where your device thinks you are?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Setting high accuracy didn't make a difference for me, it still requires a pin more often than not. Maybe I have to blow up the locations and add them again.... Though they are the correct locations.

Actually I'll wait for 5.0.1 and then try again..... Really would like this to work.

When I selected Home and activated Trusted Places, I saw it had my home address that I had typed in before. There is a error on Google Maps with my home address that is off by about 50 meters on someone else house when I enter my address into Google Maps. I wonder if Trusted Places uses the home address or the GPS location it finds when you set it up?

If it is just GPS they use you may want to try walking a 10 or 30 feet from you home (try each side of the home separately) and reset it as your home on Trusted Places. Most GPS inside a home have about 30 to 100 feet accuracy since it doesn't have a clear signal through your roof to the GPS satellites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech