I do not know from when this started , but i noticed a black dot at the bottom right corner of the rear camera of my nexus 5 :/ . I downloaded another camera app to check if there was any fault with the default camera app, but there seems to be a problem with the lens .
    I attached the pics and i've shot the pics of a wall so that the dot is clearly visible.
    Can anyone help me out ?*
    My N5 runs on a stock lollipop. No rooting done.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Persistent spot on the camera lens :/-58054.jpg   Persistent spot on the camera lens :/-58055.jpg  
    11-24-2014 04:32 AM
    Take a close look at the front glass of the camera lens to make sure it's clean, with no specks of dust or anything else stuck to it.
    But I'm afraid that this looks to me more like a speck of dust or similar on an inner lens element....probably not on the sensor because it's not sharply defined. If so, it would probably be best to take the device to a qualified repairer.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-24-2014 05:33 AM
    Take a close look at the front glass of the camera lens to make sure it's clean, with no specks of dust or anything else stuck to it.
    But I'm afraid that this looks to me more like a speck of dust or similar on an inner lens element....probably not on the sensor because it's not sharply defined. If so, it would probably be best to take the device to a qualified repairer.

I can see no dust particle around the lens. I guess I'll have to take it to a service center .Can i know if it can be repaired without any damage to the camera or lens?

11-24-2014 07:27 AM
    It's a strange mark. On looking closer I see a white halo round it. Perhaps it is on the sensor....mould, or a dried-out impure water droplet....I don't know. Whatever it is, it may be removable by a repairer, or it may be cheaper or even necessary to replace the whole camera/sensor module.
    If you like you can crop a picture to just that area and blow up the mark really big, then send a screenshot of that....someone here may then be able to diagnose with greater certainty.

11-24-2014 07:43 AM
    Yeah ..I am attaching the files ..I even sent an image with my finger touching the lens so that you could predict what kind of a mark it is. Please check these out and tell me if anything more is needed .
    Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails Persistent spot on the camera lens :/-58064.jpg   Persistent spot on the camera lens :/-58063.jpg   Persistent spot on the camera lens :/-58059.jpg  
    11-24-2014 10:25 AM