Overheating issue.

Vaibhav Sharma1

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I just got my Nexus 5 replaced and this one's battery life seems a little below par, 51% remaining and screen was on for 2h 17 m and wifi was on for 3h30 m, and yeah the heating issue and I was listening to songs and browsing facebook at the same time and the temperature went to 43C, my room's not that warm. Is this normal? Yeah and it's running on Lollipop.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the first part, I'm on 47% battery after mixed but fairly light use, low brightness setting, and a screen-on time of 2h 15m....much less than I was getting before Lollipop, unless I am badly mistaken.

Posted via Android Central App

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
43C (109.4F) is a normal temperature during use not just for a Nexus 5 but most cell phones when browsing internet. You didn't say what your screen brightness level was set to that is the biggest battery drainer and you would need to post the image of your two battery info screens to get a better reply on your battery life.

Facebook is an App that likes to turn on your GPS and track you so FB can sell that data with the option to notify you when you are in the same area as one of your friends they track. The Screen brightness, radios and GPS when set to highest level are the real battery drainers activities.

Here is a old thread about Nexus 5 temperatures while charging and just being used that talks all about N5 temperatures during operations. BTW if you have a case it does make the N5 run a little hotter.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...r-charger-heating-nexus-116-f-stop-using.html

Last edited:

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Clean Master app for storage, RAM, and virus management.
It also keeps track of apps which are in an OPEN loop...and suggests apps to kill.
It also has a CoolDown feature.
It will alert you when the device is hot, and suggest apps to kill.

I love this app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz