How can I change a default app?

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I want to open a link I always get a dialogue box asking me to choose what app to open it with, and also whether that is every time or just once. I usually reply just once, but then I accidentally clicked 'every time'. Now I want to change the app that I use, but now I don't get the choice. How can I restore that dialogue giving me the choice?
Thanks

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I see that I have to go to the app that is being launched by default rather than the app within which I am creating the preference. However, I'm still stuck. Before I made the mistake, my contacts app (Contacts+) always gave me the option to use either Skype or Phone. Now that I have accidentally selected 'Phone' for every time, I do not get that choice. However, I cannot find 'Phone' in the list of apps. I suppose it must be somewhere, but where?

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
It's there. When you go to the apps list tab over to ALL. There are duplicate phone apps in my list so I'm not sure which is the "real" one but you should be able to figure it out.

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes. I have to drag over to the right to get the "ALL" column. Thanks. I wonder why there are two 'Phone' apps, with identical icons. One 744Kb and the other 1.29 MB. Looks to me as if it has been updated but the old version not deleted.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is rooted, sometimes the (blanking on the word for the OS you use to root) will install different versions of standard apps. Like I have two calendars.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae