Lollipop Contacts- categories (groups) are dead

Ulrich Meinhard

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
YES. Google ... bring back the group view in contacts. I use categories quite extensively with exchange and was very fond of them on outlook and on android as well. Got a new phone yesterday and could not believe that, that I have to go through all my business contacts BY NAME ... what were you thinking?!?!
client / contact groups are essential to me. BRING THEM BACK!!!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
YES. Google ... bring back the group view in contacts. I use categories quite extensively with exchange and was very fond of them on outlook and on android as well. Got a new phone yesterday and could not believe that, that I have to go through all my business contacts BY NAME ... what were you thinking?!?!
client / contact groups are essential to me. BRING THEM BACK!!!

Well, telling us won't help. We agree with you. Google won't be reading this thread :)

TStemle

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Since Goggle has all the data on how many millions of people use the groups n the contacts, why did they not do some research before removing. Since so many folks are now stranded with out it why don't they revert back? Its not like they don't have the code or ability. Does anyone have Google's contact information? We should flood their email and phone lines so they know how many people liked the groups. :)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Since Goggle has all the data on how many millions of people use the groups n the contacts, why did they not do some research before removing. Since so many folks are now stranded with out it why don't they revert back? Its not like they don't have the code or ability. Does anyone have Google's contact information? We should flood their email and phone lines so they know how many people liked the groups. :)

Google is not known for caring much about what users want and they treat everyone by the least common denominator. For a great example, look at Chrome or other aspects of Android. Customization and user choice is very, very sparse and the UI is severely dumbed down in the name of being "clean". Google is certainly not alone in this approach, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol