Have I killed my Nexus 5 or can I save it?

i2elax

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5 wont turn on

Hi all

So recently I broke my phone screen and sent for a replacement screen , installed and there was a weird flickering so I sent the screen back and recieved a new one. Installed the new one and the touch didn't work yet my old shattered one did..

When swapping to my old screen + housing (Which I did quickly because i was mad) I punctured the battery... I know amature mistake.. Small bit of smoke but I took the battery out and put it outside. I sent the second faulty screen back and today I got a replacement battery.

Problem is after installing the phone wont power on and when I go to charge I get the battery Icon for around 5 seconds then it goes away.

The same with powering on , it will get to the Google sign when on charge then go black.

Can anyone diagnose this for me ? I've had such bad luck with this phone and everything seems to be getting worse

Regards. Michael

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 wont turn on

This is why, when people ask about something as "simple" as replacing a screen, I say don't in bold italic underlined caps - DON'T!

The only way to diagnose the problem is to actually have the phone - which means that you're going to have to find a repair shop that's willing to work on a phone you've already butchered. (If, when I owned my cellphone stores, any employee of mine had taken a phone like that in for repair, I'd fire him retroactively to before he accepted it and tell him that fixing or replacing the phone was his problem. And they all were told that before being hired.)

It's almost always cheaper to pay a shop to replace a screen than it is to do it yourself - for the very reasons you've run into.

My suggestion now? Learn to beg, so someone will take pity on you and fix the phone. Otherwise you'll be buying a new one. (Samsung might repair it - for almost the cost of a new one - but I wouldn't even guarantee that.)

i2elax

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 wont turn on

Thanks for the quick reply Rukbat.

Well i have good experence with mobile devices and computers so I felt replacing it myself would be easiest,
also due to the fact that there is no repair shop within a hundred mile radius of me.

No repuable sites either , all look very suspicious and I felt sending my phone away would be the last time I would see it.

In the meantime a site which is recognised started repairs on nexus 5's , so I'll have a look.

Thank you though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams