Can someone please help me root or gain superuser permission for nexus 5 version 5

James Tough

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hallo I have to be honest and say I have joined the forum to solve the issue I have trying to give my phone superuser permission primarily to stop apps starting on my phone without my consent freeing up more rom or ram not sure? Making less drain on battery I hope.

I downloaded nexus root toolkit and tried to go through the procedure step by step . When it came to the drivers required it couldn't seem to find the right drivers as it showed only android adb device and under device the mpt or media file transfer in windows device manager had errors or drivers didn't load correctly. Can someone please tell me where to find the correct drivers for my nexus 5 and how to go about installing the drivers without conflicts.I have tried to install manually and tried to configure the drivers i had but there was no option for (MPT) in driver settings in device manager in windows . Both USB debugging and MPT from storage is switched on.Also install from unknown sources. :'(

Here is some basic information about my phone Nexus Android 5 build number LRX210

Thanks in advance for any help ....much appreciated .James T

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hallo I have to be honest and say I have joined the forum to solve the issue I have trying to give my phone superuser permission primarily to stop apps starting on my phone without my consent freeing up more rom or ram not sure? Making less drain on battery I hope.

I downloaded nexus root toolkit and tried to go through the procedure step by step . When it came to the drivers required it couldn't seem to find the right drivers as it showed only android adb device and under device the mpt or media file transfer in windows device manager had errors or drivers didn't load correctly. Can someone please tell me where to find the correct drivers for my nexus 5 and how to go about installing the drivers without conflicts.I have tried to install manually and tried to configure the drivers i had but there was no option for (MPT) in driver settings in device manager in windows . Both USB debugging and MPT from storage is switched on.Also install from unknown sources. :'(

Here is some basic information about my phone Nexus Android 5 build number LRX210

Thanks in advance for any help ....much appreciated .James T

Btw, it's MTP not MPT. When you hook up your phone to the PC, switch to PTP (camera) from MTP and wait a few seconds. If windows does nothing, switch back to MTP and wait a few. Keep doing this until windows sees the nexus 5 and configures the driver. Then the nexus root toolkit should work. This method worked for me.

James Tough

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I don't have drivers installed and the automatic drivers from windows don't configure correctly leaving me with two ports in other devices that are both installed incorrectly as far as the device manager tells me.

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just to make sure I'm understanding what you're doing: In the Nexus Root Toolkit, you've clicked the big button near the top that says "Full Driver Installation Guide - Automatic + Manual?" and followed all the instructions on all the tabs and still can't get the drivers installed? On Step 4, when you hit the "Full Driver Test" button it got stuck on the MTP test?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel