Nexus 5 discontinued

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just looked on Play and there is a message of out of inventory. and to check back soon. I am not totally sure I believe the rumor of the device getting killed. I can understand reducing the colors if red and white didn't sell so well.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I just looked on Play and there is a message of out of inventory. and to check back soon. I am not totally sure I believe the rumor of the device getting killed. I can understand reducing the colors if red and white didn't sell so well.
I don't believe the rumor either.. With the N6 being to big for many it would make sense for Google to keep selling the N5..

I am going to keep an eye on the Play store and grab another N5 just in case the rumor is true. This device rocks and if my N5 died and I could not get another I don't know what I'd do..

I'll grab a new one and just keep it unopened and new in box until my current N5 dies..

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Correction Red and white were discounted in North America. Google will most likely keep selling the Nexus 5 32/16gb Black one. Nexus.google.com Nexus 5 is listed it will be staying. If it was going to go it would of went with the Nexus 7.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Why should Google make such an announcement exclusively to AndroidPIT? (Or as Google themselves would prefer to have it, PIT For Android.)

Posted via the Android Central App

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Why should Google make such an announcement exclusively to AndroidPIT?
When the author says, "we have now exclusive information from Google...", she probably means, "I ate lunch with a girl I know who has a boyfriend that works for google and she said, that he said, that his work buddy thinks he overheard...".

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I got pressed a purchased an extra nexus 5 from radio shack last month as a back up (it was a sprint version w/o a sim removal tool & that bag for recycling).. It's cost was an arm & leg..

also, the sim hot swap is an android lollipop thingy;

I just switch my sprint sim with a truphone sim, & without rebooting, it lost the lte /cdma service, then regained the tmobile gsm / hspa service in less than 1 minute..

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Google seems to like to change that page a lot lately.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are discontinuing it now and just selling old stock. But if they are, I think that is a horrible thing. The N5 was an exceptional deal, especially compared to the N6 (which is not a deal at all). And the N6 is way too large.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Yes, the N5 is just right in various ways. A Mk2 version with a bigger battery along the lines of the LG G2 would be welcome if it could be done and I should think they'd be able to run it for many months. There's nothing about the N5 that really says 'This device is nearly life-expired'.

Posted via the Android Central App

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but it seems that no one has it for 349.99 (for the 16gb version)

If you factor in tax and shipping when ordering from the Play store a 16GB N5 ends up at $387 for me.. There are plenty of new in box N5's on eBay with no tax and free shipping from very reputable sellers that are about the same as the after tax and shipping price from Google..

The only down side is that Google will not honor your warranty and you'd need to go through LG..

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
If you factor in tax and shipping when ordering from the Play store a 16GB N5 ends up at $387 for me.. There are plenty of new in box N5's on eBay with no tax and free shipping from very reputable sellers that are about the same as the after tax and shipping price from Google..

The only down side is that Google will not honor your warranty and you'd need to go through LG..

Living here in Pakistan where Google doesn't ship and most sites have extremely high shipping costs, I bought my Nexus 5 for 40,000 PKR which is equivalent to $400 and I got the 16GB version.

Guess what? No warranty either.

But do I regret purchasing this beast? Nope.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol