5.0.1 OTA error - CF-AutoRoot - MY SOLUTION

Ciege

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
This process was *MY* solution. It worked for me.

I too was rooted with CF and *STOCK RECOVERY*.

To be able to sideload the OTA I had to:
1) download and extract the 5.0 factory image
2) fastboot flash boot boot.img
3) fastboot flash system system.img
4) adb sideload The5_0_1OTA.zip

The CF root process modifies one or both of boot and/or system. The 5.0.1 OTA will not apply with these modified.
The above process will not lose data.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Alternatively, you could have downloaded the 5.0.1 factory image and flashed the system.img. Reflash SuperSU through recovery and you'll be good to go :). Plus, you now have a copy of the latest factory image for the device.

Either way, I hope the OP or information above will help those who are wanting to manually update, and are rooted.

effapple

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! This solution worked for me. Used WugFresh Nexus Toolkit to flash the boot.img and system.img, then just went ahead and installed the OTA that was pending on my phone.

Maurice C

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
This process was *MY* solution. It worked for me.

I too was rooted with CF and *STOCK RECOVERY*.

To be able to sideload the OTA I had to:
1) download and extract the 5.0 factory image
2) fastboot flash boot boot.img
3) fastboot flash system system.img
4) adb sideload The5_0_1OTA.zip

The CF root process modifies one or both of boot and/or system. The 5.0.1 OTA will not apply with these modified.
The above process will not lose data.

I flashed 5.0 to my nexus 5 with nexus root tool kit and rooted afterward with CF root i believe using very specific tutorial as I am not a tech head

would anyone be able to provide me with more specific instructions for the OP instructions as I am having the same issue updating to 5.01 as others in this thread?

thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze