Why won't my apps open on my Google Nexus 5?

Younggun477

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
google nexus 5 nothing on it works??? please help

Hello i and new to the site so if this post is repeated I'm sorry but I tried to look and see if ti was.
The problem I am having is that most of my apps wont open. The phone gives me a message that the said app has "stopped,wont respond, etc.
when it does this i have to uninstall all updates for that app to the "factory" version so that i can use the app and some app still wont work when that happens
I dont understand alot of the stuff that goes on with these phones but i will say what i do know
i am using the sim card from my previous google nexus 4 which i was told was ok because its so close to my now nexus 5
im on net10 cell phone plan
the phone came with a program on it called supersu i think it is an app for rooting but it wont fully download nor will it disappear when i have done my factory resets (x2)
i read online how to reset the phone using the volume and power buttons and found out the phone has a program called twrp which stands for team win recovery project
the version of android says L i dont know what that is
i dont have alot of money to be able to throw at a new phone i just need some help
thanks everyone for their advice and input

Laransoft

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: google nexus 5 nothing on it works??? please help

Hi Younggun477,

I think your google nexus 5 is used right? (I mean, is not new)

After a factory reset (with Volume buttons) I would expect all the apps like supersu to get uninstalled.

Have you followed exactly the instructions for the factory reset, done with Volume and Power buttons?

Sending a PM to you ;)

Younggun477

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

yes i got it used and while trying to do the factory reset (with volume buttons) it enters into that twrp program that allows the phone to finish the reset using the touch screen only i dont know what buttons i need to press to complete the reset using the twrp program

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Can you go into settings>about phone and take a screenshot?

From an AOSP M8.

Younggun477

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

if there is something else please let me know i need to get this phone to work. thank you for any and all help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-24-23-06-38[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-24-23-06-38[1].jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 19

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

if there is something else please let me know i need to get this phone to work. thank you for any and all help

First off: Welcome to the forums. I didn't realize you were new.

Second: Sorry about the delay in posting...been really busy over the past couple days.

As to how to possibly fix your problem, I would highly consider reflashing the factory images to your device.
How to manually update your Nexus | Android Central

Younggun477

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
yea im new and sorry i didnt think about it being christmas
i was attempting to follow the instructions of the factory flash etc. and now my phone wont restart to a normal working phone

Younggun477

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
i was able to use the twrp program to do a factory reset but now that the phone has turned on it says that system UI has stopped i have no directional buttons or settings menu no unlock screen or anything??? how bad did i mess it up?

Younggun477

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
i am attempting to follow the instructions on post 7 and after i set up myself as a developer and check the dialog box for usb debugging there is no box to check to enable oem unlock

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

You have to initiate the unlock through recovery. I'm not sure if you can initiate this through twrp though you can through stock recovery.
EDIT: just so you know this is a bootloader unlock which will wipe your phone and erase everything on the phone. Though reading through the thread it doesn't look like that won't be a problem.

Younggun477

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

now after i completely wipe my phone do i use that android studio thing to reinstall everything stock on my nexus 5?

Younggun477

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

I want to thank everyone for all their help and knowledge. By no means am I computer literate and although i was able to fix my phone by updating it to the newest version of lolipop, it wasnt by means of how everyone on here explained it. I actually youtubed how to unbrick the phone and this is the video i used i followed the steps as close as i could and the phone works better than ever. thanks again for all help!