I have created groups for my contacts via Gmail (on my computer). How do I see those groups in the Contacts app on my phone?
    01-07-2015 09:20 AM
    It's more obscure than it used to be. In Contacts, tap Menu>Contacts to Display>Customize. You'll see your groups there. There isn't a way to display them on the fly.

Emailing a group has also been a deficiency in the mobile Gmail app. I use Gmail Group Share, which works pretty well. You just have to make sure it's set to display all System Groups and Hidden Groups.
    01-07-2015 10:23 AM
    Thanks. I found Contacts + (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntapps.android) and it lets me view contacts by group. I was hoping to not have to use a 3rd party app.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-07-2015 10:41 AM
    I use Contacts Group U app.
    It permits you to define groups and send a new email to a group.
    Groups don't actually appear in stock Contacts.
    B. Diddy and nelhop like this.
    01-07-2015 11:11 AM
    I tried Gmail Group Share but it is unable to find all my Gmail groups. I have 3 small gmail groups. Invisible groups setting in Gmail is checked. I uninstalled and re-installed. I cleared cache and data. Still no third group. Too bad. It seemed like a good app.

GroupManager app lists all my groups in all my accounts. I like the fact that it allows the option of last name first which others do not. But I don't see any way of putting the group in an email. What am I missing?

Contacts GroupU seems to find all my groups in all my accounts and enables me to email to the group. It's only drawback, a minor issue, is the lack of a last name first option.
    Eva
    01-10-2015 04:22 PM
    I tried Gmail Group Share but it is unable to find all my Gmail groups.
    Did you also check "Show System Groups"?
    nelhop likes this.
    01-11-2015 12:18 AM
    Did you also check "Show System Groups"?
    That was the missing link! Thanks for pointing that out to me. All groups now show.
    Eva
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-11-2015 10:13 AM
    Great! I have no idea what System Groups and Invisible Groups are, since they're not designated that way in Google Contacts. But since it ultimately works, I don't mind!
    brosko likes this.
    01-11-2015 10:23 AM
    I have downloaded the gmail group share and clicked all the "show" buttons as was suggested to you. I can now see all my contact groups just as they appear in contacts on the computer. BUT...I can't figure out how to actually send an email. When I click on the group I want, it simply reloads the page listing all the groups. How do I start an email? Such a silly problem for something that used to be so easy.
    01-15-2015 06:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! After you tap a group, you should be prompted to select an app to complete the function--like Gmail, Email, etc. It will also ask you to select "Just Once" or "Always."

Try going to Settings>Apps, tap the Menu button, then Reset All App Preferences. Now try again.
    01-16-2015 01:04 AM
    You can download a contacts group app from the play store called Contacts Groups for Lollipop: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.groups
    01-18-2015 07:37 AM
    Can you send an email to a group that way?

By the way, you can still display a contact group in the Lollipop Contacts app--it's just more inconvenient now. In the Contacts app, tap Menu, then Contacts to Display, then Customize. Now choose the group you want to display. Obviously, this is a bit of a pain if you want to toggle between contact groups quickly. And there's still no way to email a group in the stock Gmail or Contacts app.
    01-18-2015 01:02 PM
    You said NEW email. How does it work for "forwarding" an email? I read my emails, then I want to "forward" them (after editing/deleting extraneous info) to my gmail GROUP 1 AS BCC; sometimes I look in my other GROUPS to pick out who I want to send it too. How can I do this with this App. I've never paid even a cent for ANY App and I don't intend to start. Even my Droid X and Droid Razr Maxx cells properly allow me to select any of my GROUPS -- why is my Samsung Galaxy S5 so DUMB!?
    04-12-2015 06:55 PM