Since Android L my battery life has gone down tremendously but it has worsen with 5.0.1. I have basically almost everything turned off, including google now, location, and wifi when i'm not using it but It hardly last more than an hour of screen time. To make matters worse, recently my OS would get hot quickly and turn off abruptly but when I turn it back on the battery which was more than 50% would be below 10%. Sometimes If I dont use it, the battery would increase without charging. I never had this problem with Android L preview built and it was actually batter than Kitkat. Could this be hardware related or a software bug? I installed 5.0.1 through manual flashing.
    Attached Thumbnails Is my battery defective?-screenshot_2014-12-31-22-22-34.jpg   Is my battery defective?-screenshot_2015-01-09-23-42-17.jpg   Is my battery defective?-screenshot_2015-01-10-11-05-49.jpg   Is my battery defective?-screenshot_2015-01-09-23-41-28.jpg  
    01-10-2015 05:21 AM
    Welcome to the Nexus 5 forum.

Did you notice any deterioration in battery life before the Lollipop update? Or has the deterioration been exactly coincident with the update? If the former, it could simply be that the battery is failing. If the latter, have you tried a Cache Partition wipe and/or a Factory Reset?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-10-2015 06:34 AM
    I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. I don't recall any problems with the preview edition but with 5.0 and 5.01 the battery life has been horrendous. Simply opening an app eats 2%, reading a news paper or magazine eats 20% per hour. It's hard to know if it's the software or if the battery has simply gotten old. I'm waiting for 5.1 before I attempt a battery replacement. The one thing I hate about the N5 is the lack of a replacable battery, why is it that oniy Samsung has the sense to use replaceable batteries?
    01-10-2015 09:46 AM
    Welcome to the Nexus 5 forum.

Did you notice any deterioration in battery life before the Lollipop update? Or has the deterioration been exactly coincident with the update? If the former, it could simply be that the battery is failing. If the latter, have you tried a Cache Partition wipe and/or a Factory Reset?

Thank you! I started having this problem with Android L final built and, like Bjrosen said, the battery drains rapidly, especially using it with Wifi on.
    01-10-2015 11:28 AM
    Some users find that a Factory Reset helps, others not. I experience reduced battery life myself following the L update, though not disastrously bad, and tried various things including a Factory Reset, none of which helped. But it is perhaps worth trying.

Xlydven likes this.
    01-10-2015 03:57 PM
    Some users find that a Factory Reset helps, others not. I experience reduced battery life myself following the L update, though not disastrously bad, and tried various things including a Factory Reset, none of which helped. But it is perhaps worth trying.

Thanks for the help. I noticed an improvement in battery life by clearing cache, though not a huge one. So far I haven't faced the battery turn off issue yet and with moderate usage, the battery was at 30%, screen time of 1hr 3min. However, In sleep mode with wifi on for about 2 hours the battery was at 96%.
    01-11-2015 09:48 AM
    I noticed an improvement in battery life by clearing cache, though not a huge one. So far I haven't faced the battery turn off issue yet and with moderate usage, the battery was at 30%, screen time of 1hr 3min. However, In sleep mode with wifi on for about 2 hours the battery was at 96%.
    01-11-2015 09:50 AM
    Hi,
    Sorry to bother you, but could you tell me if your replacement Nexus 5 battery has a varies temperature?
    I mean if the temperature goes up to 35 Celsius when it's charging or you're playing games, of if it goes down to 25 when it's idle.
    Because my replacement battery always stays at 29 degrees Celsius, no matter how I use the phone.
    I think mine might be bad, but I want to check with someone else before buying another one.
    Thanks.
    01-12-2015 05:53 AM
    Want better battery life don't use Bluetooth. It drains much worse since Lollipop. Connect all your Bluetooth speakers wired.
    01-12-2015 05:54 PM
    The problem is back again. I think it has something to do with CPU overheating because I noticed that the problem occur mostly when I'm running clash of clans. Last night, I had the game on for about 5 min before the OS turned off. When I tried to turn it back on it turned off again at boot screen but after about 5 min I was able to switch on. Weird thing was battery was at 70% and the same problem occurred again when I fired up COC followed by the same process but this time the battery was at a 50%.
    01-12-2015 11:38 PM
    Hi,
    Sorry to bother you, but could you tell me if your replacement Nexus 5 battery has a varies temperature?
    I mean if the temperature goes up to 35 Celsius when it's charging or you're playing games, of if it goes down to 25 when it's idle.
    Because my replacement battery always stays at 29 degrees Celsius, no matter how I use the phone.
    I think mine might be bad, but I want to check with someone else before buying another one.
    Thanks.
    Sorry I dont have a replacement battery yet
    01-12-2015 11:39 PM
    Turn off google now ..worked for me

Posted via Android Central App
    01-12-2015 11:56 PM
    A factory reset helped for me. On Kitkat, I typically got a little over 24 hours life with screen on of 2 to 2 1/2 hours. After Lollipop, it went down to 10-16 hours and about 1 1/2 hours screen on time. I did the factory reset and I'm currently at 50% after 15 hours unplugged. Screen on time is 1 1/2 hours. Early results, but very promising. I let google restore all my apps and settings. I set up everything as it was before. I previously wiped the system cache but that didn't help. Hope this helps and I really hope Google gets the OTA update process fixed.
    belodion and Xlydven like this.
    01-13-2015 09:10 AM
    A factory reset helped for me. On Kitkat, I typically got a little over 24 hours life with screen on of 2 to 2 1/2 hours. After Lollipop, it went down to 10-16 hours and about 1 1/2 hours screen on time. I did the factory reset and I'm currently at 50% after 15 hours unplugged. Screen on time is 1 1/2 hours. Early results, but very promising. I let google restore all my apps and settings. I set up everything as it was before. I previously wiped the system cache but that didn't help. Hope this helps and I really hope Google gets the OTA update process fixed.
    I just did a factory reset through TWRP but now my phone is stuck at google logo. O.O
    Edit: Had to re-flash 5.0.1
    01-14-2015 12:11 AM
    I seriously think the CPU is overheating...just now after format, I was at the welcome screen when it turned off.
    Edit: Happen three times today
    01-14-2015 12:43 AM