OK now this is getting ridiculous!

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
They pulled the update because of the bugs and until they resolve them with the devices that currently have 5.0 devices with kit kat won't get lollipop until its stable

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
They pulled the update because of the bugs and until they resolve them with the devices that currently have 5.0 devices with kit kat won't get lollipop until its stable
You have a source for that? Or is that your assumption? If you do have a reliable source, please do share
I know of 1 device that got OTA (5.0 to 5.0.1) in the past week, and another that got the OTA (5.0 to 5.0.1) a week before that

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but its only devices with lollipop update already that are getting updated which is why the update push out rate dropped and I will try and find it

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

This definitely seems to be the case. I believe it.

copanewbe

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm disappointed in not getting 5.0 OTA as well. I received 5.0 back in November, but my device had a hardware issue. After receiving a new replacement unit (thanks Google) I'm still stuck with 4.4.4.

Clearly Google's weakness is software rollout. Read a few articles about the tiny fraction of devices (<1%) running 5.0. I know there are many obstacles Google has to overcome to rollout successfully (devices, carriers, etc), but I expect to have the latest software on an unlocked nexus device bought from Google within a few weeks, not months.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. If I were you I would just download the factory image. It's pretty easy to do

Posted via the Android Central App

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
lol i dont understand how that happened. lollipop on my nexus 5 is the best thing thats happened to me. its fast. battery is the same as kitkat. just a few lags but rarely

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
After 2 months since release of Lollipop, I have finally received it too. Took about 45 minutes to d/l and install, including a cache partition wipe I performed. Nothing broken by Lollipop so far! (famous last words? :) )

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Well this is just plain weird, then. I've read numerous times, and been told by Google Support, that the rollouts are regional. Brosko, Sean and I were obviously in the latest regional rollout, yesterday. Sean is UK, I'm Australia, and I think Brosko is USA? So the region is evidently planet Earth.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Well this is just plain weird, then. I've read numerous times, and been told by Google Support, that the rollouts are regional. Brosko, Sean and I were obviously in the latest regional rollout, yesterday. Sean is UK, I'm Australia, and I think Brosko is USA? So the region is evidently planet Earth.

I think google's just messing with us to keep it interesting. ;)