my new n5 still hasn't updated to lollipop?

y3000k

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Google sent me a replacement nexus 5 and it still hasn't received the ota lolipop update? My old nexus 5 I sent back to Google had been running lollipop for a while via the ota update...

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Google sent me a replacement nexus 5 and it still hasn't received the ota lolipop update? My old nexus 5 I sent back to Google had been running lollipop for a while via the ota update...

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave

this method works but it might screw up your device's Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) requiring a Hard Reset/Factory Fresh Wipe in order to fix GCM and Push Services (Gmail etc.). i like to do a hard reset after every Letter OS Update anyway. it worked for me on the second try. if you try it report back. here you go - good luck -

Pradaman Shorey
Shared publicly - 2:31 PM
#Nexus5

How to force Lollipop Update on your Nexus Device:
1. Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google play services > manage space >
clear data.
2. Go to Google Services framework > clear data > force stop.
3. Go to Settings > About phone > system updates (it should say last
checked in 1969)
4. Click on 'Check Now' & keep refreshing and it should push the
update to your phone if it doesn't work the first time keep trying.
It worked for me in the first go (Nexus 5)!!
Good Luck...

#lollipopupdate #nexus #update #nexus5 #lollipop
#google 

https://plus.google.com/+PradamanSho...ts/RhmXWhoE6Be

Force Android OS OTA Update

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...-anyone-got-ota-update-yet-8.html#post4065139

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just have the 5.0.1 update notification shows up. I still hesitating to update.

Posted via Android Central App

y3000k

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Google just sent me the OTA update for 5.0.1....It was a bit buggy when I had it on my other nexus 5 but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Now I have Lolipop again. Thanks Google!

malw77

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, any feedback on installing 5.0.1 update on nexus 5? Mine is still on KitKat 4.4.4, but I've got the notification to update to 5.0.1.

Thanks for any info on this, don't want to cause any problems to my smooth running nexus 5 by updating if there are still bugs.

Mal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't hesitate to do the update. I'm typing this on a Nexus 5 that got the OTA 5.0 update.

In fact, I did standard OTA updates on all of our devices - a Nexus 4, a Nexus 5, a 2012 Nexus 7, a 2013 Nexus 7 and a Nexus 6. Did not do a factory reset afterwards, no cache cleaning, nothing, just let the OTA updates install.

None of the devices are having any problems at all. Everything is running smoothly and reliably.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

y3000k

May 5, 2014
Visit site
This lollipop update (5.0.1) seems to be running great on my new nexus 5. I haven't had any issues yet.

I haven't had any memory dump issues like I was on my other nexus 5 running 5.0. I also had some lag problems but that seems to not be an issue now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie