Microphone stop working

Zvonimir Dimovski

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Today, for no apparent reason, my microphone stopped working. However it is working with headphone/headset and also working without headphones but only with speakerphone turned on, so it is not hardware problem.

Tried everything, rebooting, de-installing apps, factory reset..Nothing helped.

I have Nexus 5, Android 5.0.1.

Anyone came across with same issues?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean the phone mic stopped working? I think the speakerphone might use a secondary microphone, so it's still possible that the main microphone failed (or is blocked).

kdixoniii

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I too am having this problem, but on my note 3, N900PVPUDNH7, ANDROID 4.4.4. The microphone works when I am recording video or voice recorder, but not on phone calls. Please help, sorry to post in Nexus area.

Jourei

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'll chime in to mention that I suddenly have this issue too. I don't have any headsets to eliminate hardware, but my microphone appears completely dead.

A while ago, I had this issue only when speaking with a specific person, no matter what. But this is plausibly different.

Google is once again not revealing much of the issue, so I wonder if you guys over here might know a trick or two?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge