How do I get my wifi off of 'WiFi turning on'?

Kyle Mills

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Stuck on 'WiFi turning on'

The other day, the WiFi on my Lollipop Nexus 5 started acting up, connections were dropped randomly with the only way to reconnect being to reboot the phone. Then suddenly, the phone began rebooting on its own after just a few seconds of coming up. I noticed that in the time that it's stable, the WiFi is stuck in "WiFi turning on". Of course, first thing I did was a factory reset, that didn't help; phone still reboots after ~10 seconds of being up and running. I believe the problems are related, especially since, if within the time it's working I can get it into airplane mode, then it doesn't crash (the WiFi isn't trying to connect). I've tried re-flashing the factory image from Google, clearing the cache partition, reflashing the radio partition, etc. and nothing works. I even tried flashing 4.4.4 with no fix. CyanogenMod doesn't fix anything either

I have no idea what to do next...does anyone have any idea what to do? The phone is out of warranty (it's actually a replacement from Google because of an issue I had with the original).

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Stuck on 'WiFi turning on'

Welcome to the forums!
You already tried everything I could have suggested that is software related, so I'm thinking it's the hardware. Are you still under warranty?

Kyle Mills

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Stuck on 'WiFi turning on'

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, no. I've had the phone for less than a year, but it's a replacement and the original purchase was more than a year ago, so I doubt they'll cover it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech