How do I enable Google Now on my Nexus 5?

shannonxtreme

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I live in Sri Lanka, a country where Google has not introduced Location Services to. I know I can manually enable Now cards, though I won't have full functionality. How do I manually enable Google Now?

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I live in Sri Lanka, a country where Google has not introduced Location Services to. I know I can manually enable Now cards, though I won't have full functionality. How do I manually enable Google Now?

Posted via the Android Central App

Apps-->Google Settings App-->Search&Now-->Now Cards-->Show Cards

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop

shannonxtreme

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I can't enable it like that, it just says "Google Now is not available in your country". However, when my friend updated to lollipop it auto-enabled for him. Its got something to do with the location settings I think.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Google Nexus 5

shannonxtreme

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Its the same setting, the only difference is his now is enabled. If he turns it off, he will not be able to turn it back on. That's what happened to me.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Its the same setting, the only difference is his now is enabled. If he turns it off, he will not be able to turn it back on. That's what happened to me.

Can you somehow temporarily spoof/fake your location?

shannonxtreme

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Can you somehow temporarily spoof/fake your location?

I tried that, I used an app called fake GPS to try and fake my location but play services has become smarter now for some reason. Looks like I'm stuck this way till Google brings location services here.

DraG HunT

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
From android 4.4.4 lollipop, google now is to be enabled. Then update to the latest versions, the Google now will always be integrated with your account ON THAT DEVICE. It worked for me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton