Stupid Facebook app

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I know it's always been a battery hog but the last few days it's been really bad. Latest version, and I shut off a lot of things (no photo sync, never refreshing, notification only on post replies and photo tags) but I couldn't take it any more and trashed it. Using mobile site now. It doesn't seem as bad on my N7 2013 though so wondered if other N5 folks have seen it become extra hungry lately.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

GlennTX

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Facebook messenger started killing my battery so I uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled it. Seems to be behaving again but if it does it again its gone permanently.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I dont know i use the FB app and Messanger App with no major concerns, doesnt drain my battery all that much...but i dont use FB for hours a day.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the beta on a couple occasions and it really hasn't been the answer for me. It's hit and miss. I uninstalled messenger and interestingly things improved a lot. There must have been a glitch there. I'll do without messenger.....

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I noticed my battery had been getting a lot worse as of late. So I put my phone in safe mode for a day, and got double the battery life. Then I started the phone normal, and started uninstalling apps I don't use. I did what you did, and uninstalled Facebook and use the browser. My battery has improved dramatically. I do also find that Facebook messenger is also draining my battery, but if I uninstall that I can't get my messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci