Android update error (non rooted Nexus 5)

Rensk

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have been struggling to update my 4.4.2 android on my Nexus 5. As I Download the update for android 4.4.4 the phone restarts and displays and error. The device is not rooted and I got this problem from the start. I tried wiping the phone from system recovery and also a factory reset. both of these methods where not successful. I also tried loading the rom from my pc to my phone but also without success.
Are there any solutions I could try?

Kind Regards,
Rensk

Rensk

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I checked the text it displays when getting the error. It reads:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update package...
verifying current system...
"/system/lib/libchromeview.so" has unexpected contents
E:Error in /cache/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
When I was trying to use the OTA file to update from 4.4.4 to 5, having TONS of issues i learned a few things.

• BE PREPARED TO LOSE YOUR DATA...backup any pictures or anything important to you.
  • Wipe the cache partition 4 times, it was recommended onine and cleared an error i had similar to yours. Apparently the wipe cache doesnt always clear the partition data 100%, so needs to be reattempted multiple times
  • I did not change the file name to "update.zip" like many say...use the given filename without renaming. I had a similar error about the file name come up, when i used the given name it worked fine. Also remember to have the file in the same directory/location
  • after you factory reset do the wipe cache right after, dont let the OS load.

These are some tips from my research and experience. Mind you i did not need to update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 as I was already at 4.4.4 when i got my Nexus 5. Please be cautious in how to proceed with the update, I dont want to be accountable :p

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I checked the text it displays when getting the error. It reads:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update package...
verifying current system...
"/system/lib/libchromeview.so" has unexpected contents
E:Error in /cache/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

Are you sure you got the correct image file,the one for Nexus5 and not for the Nexus 6 or 7.

Posted via Android Central App

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
As I Download the update for android 4.4.4 the phone restarts and displays and error. ..................................... I also tried loading the rom from my pc to my phone but also without success.
"download the update" - is this OTA? (notification appears on your phone telling you about the update)? Or are you downloading the OTA.zip file and sideloading using ADB?

How did you try to load the ROM from the PC? (which file did you download, from where, and how did you try to install it?)

Just trying to understand what you have attempted before trying to figure out why it isn't working

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay