The Nexus 5 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

nevverdaily

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
AFTER the upgrade, andriod file transfer is not seeing the phone, and in tethering says "USB not connected" (usb is connected, different ports, diff. cables, restarted every which way). Am I alone on this?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Battery is so so.... Google Play Services is still taking way to much battery usage. It shows my GPS has been on for 45 mins, but I opened the maps app once for a min to lookup a restaurant. Previous version I turned off high accuracy and my battery life increased dramatically. I may have to do it again. :\

BMukherjee91

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I was able to transfer music and text files from my Macbook Pro to my Nexus 5 using AFT, after sideloading the OTA file. So, I am not sure why yours would not work. How did you upgrade your phone?

BMukherjee91

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
AFTER the upgrade, andriod file transfer is not seeing the phone, and in tethering says "USB not connected" (usb is connected, different ports, diff. cables, restarted every which way). Am I alone on this?

I was able to transfer music and text files from my Macbook Pro to my Nexus 5 using AFT, after sideloading the OTA file. So, I am not sure why yours would not work. How did you upgrade your phone?

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I did a clean (wiped all my data, apps and photos) install of 5.1 directly from Google's website. I've decided not to add any apps until I need them.

The phone is fast. Must faster than before. It charges quite quickly for some reason. I'll see how the battery goes over the next few days.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I did a clean (wiped all my data, apps and photos) install of 5.1 directly from Google's website. I've decided not to add any apps until I need them.

The phone is fast. Must faster than before. It charges quite quickly for some reason. I'll see how the battery goes over the next few days.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Today I've noticed that face unlock was not working anymore. When I try to use it it'll give me 2 or 3 "face unlock is not responding" in a row then not bother trying again until the next time I restart the phone. Going into settings to try setting face unlock again gets force closes of face unlock as well.

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I got mine this morning. One thing- my battery life seemed to get REALLY better.... but it isn't a good test because I put it on the charger while it was updating. I will know for sure on Monday when I am back to a normal routine (and it has run without reboot for 3+ days). Will report back.

O M G. It is not a fluke. I have the best battery life now. I USED to have great battery life until I think three updates ago and it went down the toilet and stayed that way. It would burn up 20 to 25% of my battery being completely idle and unused for 9 hours at work, with WiFi on and on a WiFi network, even. Every single day. Regardless of any settings. Oh, and as of Lollipop, I can't even tell what was using the power, because the only things listed were all "1%" and added up to maybe 6%, which obviously doesn't equal the missing 25% of my battery. (I *hate* what they did to the battery stats in 5.X).

After THIS update (5.1) on Friday, I immediately noticed a difference, but it wasn't a controlled test over a weekend. But I had that test today: I got home from work and the battery was at 96%!!!! And I even used the phone several times (three short calls, and two web searches). It is back to the way it used to be. And I did *NOTHING* to change anything. I didn't reset it, didn't clear cache partition, didn't change any settings, I didn't change any installed apps, nothing.

I hope this lasts, because this is a far more reasonable standby time.

Wow

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has the OTA started? Haven't seen any posts

??? I posted last week that I got the OTA last week. Yep, it started. One of the few times I got the update early. Still nothing on my Nexus 10, though..... although the one at work got updated last week.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting for it

Update...as soon as I typed above I got the update prompt...lol freaky

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member