The Nexus 5 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I got 5.0 when I was out at a concert. We were early and just hanging out so what the heck, decided to apply the download. Had lollipop before the concert started lol.

I fully expect to get 5.1 under similar circumstances.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I simply can't believe this. Two more days of getting home from work and having 96% and 97% of my battery left

:(
I knew it couldn't last. Today I got home and it was 63%, the lowest I have EVER seen. Battery stats are still useless in 5.x but it appears to be "Android" and "Chrome". I barely even used the phone today at all. Rebooted. Well, perhaps most of the time it will be OK, though. under 5.0.X I had never even gotten above 78%.... ever.

lopez_jennifer

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I need help. Today I got prompted to download and install the new 5.1 OS. So I did. And my perfectly running phone of 15 months is no longer working. I get the initial google screen and then the "no command" dead android. I did the factory reset (one of the few things I know how do to) and the cache wipe which did nothing.

Any advice? Or can you point me to instructions online of something I can try?

KiDkoLa

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Received update yesterday on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2012. Seems to be much smoother but wifi although it shows as being connected drops off intermittently. I'll be in an app like eBay and when I do a search it will periodically say "network connection is lost. try again." After several attempts, the search finishes and displays the results. The lost connection happens in several other apps as well like Messenger (Facebook), Hangouts, Chrome, Google Play...etc. Basically any app that requires a network/internet connection. I've tried reinstalling and factory reset - the problem still continues. Everything was working fine prior to the 5.1 update. Seems for everyone else the update has fixed their wifi issue problems meanwhile mine is not anymore. Note: the problem exists only on my Nexus 5 and not on my Nexus 7 2012 which has no issues so far from the 5.1 update.

Tervz

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset yesterday and got 5.1. Been busy trying to fully restore my phone and apps so I haven't noticed much difference yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy