The Nexus 5 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't downloaded the update. I'm just worried. My phone random rebooted since lollipop and it was perfect before lollipop so I'm worried about further updates. :/

electronicwiz1

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't downloaded the update. I'm just worried. My phone random rebooted since lollipop and it was perfect before lollipop so I'm worried about further updates. :/

Well the further updates might actually make lollipop work better! That's what they usually do! They made mine work a lot better! So don't be afraid to do it! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

padrefan

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Since the most recent update I have Android OS using 6 gigabytes in the first 2 weeks of my month. Before there wasn't an Android OS using any gigabytes. Can anybody tell me why and what this is? I'm far from tech savvy.

Posted via the Android Central App

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Was there an update to the Nexus 5 Lollipop 5.1 this past Saturday, 4/11? I looked at my phone at around 07:55 Saturday morning and the screen had the "optimizing apps progress" display in it. The N5 rebooted and everything appeared to be OK. Checked the software version and it still said 5.1. I got home late Saturday night and realized I had no WiFi connection. Apparently the "update" cleared all my saved networks. I had to add back my home WiFi network as well as my sister's. Anyone else experience a situation like this?

Regards...JL

That happened to mine and my wife's N5 as well. Not sure why. My wife's phone had a defective battery (which I have since replaced) so I don't know if the intermittent power caused the trouble. However my phone hasn't had any other troubles, so I don't know the reason. It's a pain having to re-enter all the wifi info.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well the further updates might actually make lollipop work better! That's what they usually do! They made mine work a lot better! So don't be afraid to do it! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I downloaded the update a few days ago and my phone has been fine (knock wood). :)

BMukherjee91

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the update early in the process (weeks ago) and was LMY47D. I am not sure if it will update again to LMY47I or not (which I presume is even more current, from the second round of updates). Guess we wait and see

I am in the same boat with LMY47D on N5... wondering if there will be an OTA file ever - or, do we need to flash the LMY47I with wipeout?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting the referred article states this happens within 2 or 3 minutes. However, I let mine stay on for 10 minutes before I turned it off myself. Which was long enough to eat up 4% of battery. So I guess just some devices are having this issue, I am running 5.1. Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the camera App?

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
My phone rebooted several times, a couple of days ago thought it was dead, while now is running perfectly.
Think the main problem is Lollipop. Thinking to downgrade to KitKat.
Even if Lollipop is the latest Android version, I think it isn't the best and has several issues.
I spent 2 days watching my Nexus 5 rebooting, it was clear to me that my phone was definitely going crazy.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My phone rebooted several times, a couple of days ago thought it was dead, while now is running perfectly.
Think the main problem is Lollipop. Thinking to downgrade to KitKat.
Even if Lollipop is the latest Android version, I think it isn't the best and has several issues.
I spent 2 days watching my Nexus 5 rebooting, it was clear to me that my phone was definitely going crazy.

It's sad to see it like that. Mine has been OK though, but it only random rebooted a couple of times, not over and over. Good luck going back to KitKat.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Still on Lollipop

hope thing stay stable for you. I am guessing that before months end we may see Lollipop 5.1.1 out for the Nexus 5. I will upgrade to it in hopes for a better battery life. I will force sync my cell to Google and the use Titanium Backup and the copy that backup to my PC. Then flash the new ROM and do a Factory Reset, so all will be a clean slate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad