5.1 - screen freezes

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone encountering screen freezes since the update? Sometimes it won't let me out of an app or even the app drawer. Just tried to open Photos while unrelated app updates were downloading and just got a white screen and then had a hard time getting out. Had to reboot the phone.

On a possibly related matter, when streaming Play Music via bluetooth in my car (Honda Civic) the app will not shut down when I shut the stereo off. Just stays open and paused. It worked fine before either 5.1 or the last Play Music update. I am not sure which as I got them around the same time. Anyone else have this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the Google Play Music issue as well. It's not just with Bluetooth--if I'm listening to it, then pause the song and back out of the app, the headphones icon remains in the notification bar. Before, I think backing out of the app closed it out completely.

You have a bit of experience, so I assume you've already wiped the cache partition, right? No screen freezes for me so far.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No, I did not wipe the cache....... yet. I will now and we'll see if that part of it clears up. Looks like the Play Music app is at fault. Hopefully an update will fix that.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Just an update. 2 Play Music updates have still not resolved it. The screen freezes seem to have been resolved.