Why is my nexus 5 phone not recognizing my SIM card anymore after I updated it to android 5.1?

bmvhesteren

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just updated my phone to android 5.1 and somehow my phone does not recognize my SIM card anymore. Previously, I was using 5.0.1 and had no problem what so ever with my SIM card. Is there something wrong with my phone or SIM card? Or is this an annoying bug? If so, is there a fix for this?

Thanks for all your help : )

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been running 5.1 on a Nexus 5 for quite a while with no such problem so I doubt it's a inherent bug in 5.1.

Try remove/replace the SIM just to make sure it's making contact. If no go, I'd try the SIM in another phone or someone else's SIM in your phone if possible or just get another SIM. Replacements are usually free.

If still no go, a factory reset is probably in order. If still no go...you've got trouble.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I had that problem a few months ago when I was running Android 4.4. I would start the phone in the morning and would get a message that the SIM card wasn't recognized. I'd reboot and it would go merrily on it's way. Someone posted that reseating the card would help so I did that and the problem went away.

I'm running Android 5.1 as of last night and am having no problem.