My Nexus 5 turned of while downloading update 5.1, how can I finish the download?

nexuselite

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 5 turned of while downloading update 5.1

So last night on my nexus 5 ( running lollipop 5.0.1) i finally got the notification saying system update(5.1) available. So i pressed download update and it said "waiting to download update". It kept showing "waiting to download update" for several minutes so i thought something was wrong with my connection. At first i turned of my wifi and then turned it back on. When the issue still did not resolve i switched off my phone.. Now here comes the bad part :( the phone turned on, showed google and android logo and then showed the message android is upgrading for few seconds. then everything was normal but when i went to system updates i started getting the error - "....process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" .. Whatever i did i kept getting this error. Instead of my play store an app is there with the name com.android.vending.
Also now when i press the system update tab, nothing seems to happen..

I am not a huge expert in these type of things, but what i think is that while showing "waiting to download update" it was already downloading (probably the important google apps or other system apps) and when i restarted my phone it tried to update those apps with the unfinished downloaded app and thus turning my sweet, easy update into a nightmare. All apps like games and other are functioning properly. The google apps are the only ones seem to be the problem and also cannot get into system update.

So can any kind soul help me to resolve this issue? Thanks a lot in advance :D

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 turned of while downloading update 5.1

So last night on my nexus 5 ( running lollipop 5.0.1) i finally got the notification saying system update(5.1) available. So i pressed download update and it said "waiting to download update". It kept showing "waiting to download update" for several minutes so i thought something was wrong with my connection. At first i turned of my wifi and then turned it back on. When the issue still did not resolve i switched off my phone.. Now here comes the bad part :( the phone turned on, showed google and android logo and then showed the message android is upgrading for few seconds. then everything was normal but when i went to system updates i started getting the error - "....process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" .. Whatever i did i kept getting this error. Instead of my play store an app is there with the name com.android.vending.
Also now when i press the system update tab, nothing seems to happen..

I am not a huge expert in these type of things, but what i think is that while showing "waiting to download update" it was already downloading (probably the important google apps or other system apps) and when i restarted my phone it tried to update those apps with the unfinished downloaded app and thus turning my sweet, easy update into a nightmare. All apps like games and other are functioning properly. The google apps are the only ones seem to be the problem and also cannot get into system update.

So can any kind soul help me to resolve this issue? Thanks a lot in advance :D

Try booting in to recovery mode and clearing the cache partition of the phone.

press and hold Volume Down, Volume UP and Power buttons all at the same time. (don’t release the buttons.)
release the buttons only when the Fastboot / Bootloader Mode options appear.

Use the power down button to scroll to wipe cache partition and hit the power button to do it. Once it is done you can reboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR