Bug in 5.1, screen flickering on/off

Eisen Berg

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when I touch power button to start using the device, only empty standard ( factory standard) wallpaper shows up, no user interface at all. What is more the screen keeps going on/off uncontrollably about once per second. There is no way to interact with the device. Only thing that helps is to press power long enough to get "turn power off" option and restart.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this Problem periodically since 5.0.1, especially when someone calls me. I have no possbility to take the call but can only restart the phone. Very ugly bug.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
This was the first step before my Nexus got mad. Lollipop is a bit frustrating, hope the next version will be better that this.
In my opinion it's because of the totally new version. Something gone wrong.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
This was the first step before my Nexus got mad. Lollipop is a bit frustrating, hope the next version will be better that this.
In my opinion it's because of the totally new version. Something gone wrong.

Yes, Google should have done a couple more months of testing before releasing Lollipop.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's probably the auto lighting feature of the screen. Turn off auto detect. Or if the screen is going totally off, something may be triggering the proximity sensor. Possibly your hand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret