Why is my phone receiving texts in 11 digits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowthewolf

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Contact numbers in inbox not the actual number--extra country code?

Did any body do the update for the system cuz I did and after is when it happen

ChristopherCat

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone is receiving texts in 11 digits

Same here, so annoying!! Galaxy S5 with AT&T. Worked fine last night and now this issue when I woke up. It is happening with two people for me, both of them have iPhones however I have text others with an iPhone and do not have an issue.

A

AC Question

My phone adds another 1 to the begnning of the contact making it +11(xxx)xxx-xxxx

Ive noticed its only the one number, it is my husbands number and we text all the time so I have no clue why its starting to do this NOW. Ive tried almost everything I could think of. I restarted my phone, deleted his contact, deleted all the messages, yet it still adds 1 to the beginning when there is already a 1. Making it 11(area code)(phone number). I even retyped his number on my contacts without the 1 before the area code but that didnt work either. This is frustrating me. It gets annoying having to hit "New Message" everytime and type in his number manually then send the message for him to actually recieve it.

Evogang201412

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Contact numbers in inbox not the actual number--extra country code?

Same thing happening with my s4 on AT&T network. Started this morning with a Verizon user. I would like it to be resolved ASAP!

Last edited:

Kit-ster

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Mine is doing this too as of this morning. I tried rebooting and I cannot find any setting where this can be changed. It is annoying. I can received phone calls with no problem. It is just texts. I have an S4 Active with AT&T.

Edit: it is happening on all numbers that send texts.

Josh Wehrle

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

My coworker is having this same problem. What carrier does everyone with this problem have? She has straight talk on the at&t network.

Courtney Thompson

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with my galaxy s5...started this morning... Can't reply as it's 11 digit invalid number. Have to start new thread evertime

Kevin Lichorobiec

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

I have a Galaxy S4, they need to fix this, its very annoying. All texts im getting have the extra 1 in it...........1 thread still shows the name (from an iphone), the other just shows the number.

ForzaFTW

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Same problem here on my Note3, started this morning. it essentially split the conversation into two windows. All of the messages sent to me are in the window with the 11 digit number, and my responses are in the normal window. SUPER. ANNOYING.

Treecey

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue, also on the AT&T network and since this post was started this morning I'm wondering if it could be a network issue.... everything was fine last night and nothing changed with my phone. The only constant is the network here Considering some are having the issue with the s6, s4, iPhone, etc. I have an S5 myself.

Last edited:

Tension Therapy

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Same issue, woke up to text my boyfriend back and now this happened. Seems to be with only two numbers, my mom is on the same plan and such, no issues with her. At&T Galexy S5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20