After 5.1 OTA, flashlight & Music Player crash

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So I've had the LMY78I build of 5.1 for a couple weeks now. Everything was awesome. Now, my flashlight shuts itself off at random when I'm using it, and I can't get it back without a reboot. Issue 2: my Google Play Music crashes, still. Well, not really a crash. More like its freezing. I open the app and half the time, the last song playing, that's supposed to be @ bottom of screen, is not there. So I have to go into Settings>Apps>Google Music Player, force stop it, then it works just fine again. One other thing I found very odd with my phone...not an issue, just an observation. A few days after installing the update OTA, my remaining ROM/drive space went from a lowly 2.4GB all the way up to 5.5GB free. Nothing was deleted At All. Anyone else notice this? I mean, I cleared the cache for a few apps, but not 3GB worth! Any advice and/or similar experiences??

Posted via Android Central App

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a Cache Partition wipe?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep. Still having the same issues, sporadically. 5.1 was amazing for about a week or so, now the flaws are starting to pile up it seems. Tired of rebooting. And I really don't understand how my phone magically freed up about 3GB of hard drive space overnight, without deleting anything. Maybe because I disabled a few of the stock apps I don't use? But that couldn't possibly account for 3 gigs! Now Playstore is crashing randomly as well. Ugh. And I was so stoked about 5.1, as 5.0.1 made my phone an intolerable piece of ****.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon