Why my nexus 5 phone all of a sudden has no service?

tazevedo

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Why my phone all of a sudden has no service even though my account is in good stand?
My phone nexus 5 last week stopped working, when I tried to send a message it says "DATA NETWORK UNAVAILABLE" I could`t make a call either it said: "NO SERVICE" I called my provider which help me troubleshoot the device with no luck. Later that day I stopped at one of the stores they changed my sim card again no luck, so I decide to call google support they help me troubleshoot but they could`t figure out what was happening. After I exhausted everything I decided to restore the the phone to the factory settings I had hope that would help (that was one of the things suggested by google support) but again it did`t help. Can anybody help me? My phone is a NEXUS 5 and the android version 5.1 and it`s about 16 months old.
Thank you

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If both your carrier store and Google can't figure out what is wrong with your phone and the phone radio issue persists even after a factory reset...

Open settings, go to About Phone, select Status and then look at the IMEI Information screen. If you have a number there, then in all likelihood, the actual phone radio is fried. If the IMEI number is blank, or unknown... anything other than a 15 or digit number, then your EFS partition might be corrupted...

Either way, there's no easy fix and you would most likely have to have your phone serviced or replaced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar