Poll: Are You Using A Cover?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Same as JayLiz above.

I used to use a book-type case, but it got scruffy.

Posted via the Android Central App

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No. I hate using covers and cases. It's one of the reasons I have a Nexus 5 - it's not precious and I feel no need to be over-protective of it.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
^^^^
I have that same case and prefer the feel of it with the case than without....well at least the way my hands interact with the screen. Without it, the meat of my left thumb is always accidentally clicking the back button.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
i'm using the nexus oem black bumper case (i like that it has "nexus" written on the back) + tempered glass screen protector. great combo for protection imho.

Ruben_915

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Spigen Slim Armor and a Spigen Neo Hybrid case. I like the slimness on the back of the Neo Hybrid but the edges make it feel and look like an iPhone. The Slim Armor is my preferred of the 2 cause it keeps its shape better. But I am currently using just a Cruzerlite Skin. It fits really well and sticks good if you use a blow dryer. I removed the edges and front of it so only the back is protected from scuffs. I like the black slab look on the front. I always buy cases and end up just going naked, so for me skins are the way to go. Keeps the shape and thinness, and protects from scuffs and scratches.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 5 in Mexico and it was expensive. There's no way I'd go without some sort of case. Right now I'm using an Arduro Shell Holster:
Amazon.com: Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Google LG Nexus 5 with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

It's sturdy and easy to use and will protect the cell phone reasonably well. My dream would be a holster that would accept a soft rubber cover for the back of the cell phone and be reasonably easy to use.

Tigger76

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I use the Spigen Slim Armor case with a clear screen protector. My phone is sometimes used as an entertainment device for my daughter when I'm driving and it has been dropped multiple times (but looks new when I pull the cover off once in a while to clean it up). I got the white N5, so it doesn't have the soft touch back.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
While I don't own it anymore, the black nexus 5 was the only phone I had that I didn't use a cover... Only a TG screen protector. No phone, no case, is as grippy as that plastic and it's surprisingly durable against wear and tear.

I use a Spigen Ultra in my Nexus 6 and I wish it had the Nexus 5's plastic back.

Ezekiel Barbirolli

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I am up to case number 4 for my Nexus 5 - I'm trying to stop before I spend more on cases than the phone is worth! My original thought was that I would not use a case at all, but I found the White Nexus 5 to be somewhat slippery to hold and I was concerned about dropping it.

Case 1 - I acquired the phone shortly after its release and at the accessory outlets near me there was almost no selection of cases specifically made for the Nexus 5. So I bought a generic/one size fits all pocket/pouch style case.

Case 2 - Google Nexus 5 Bumper Case (clear). I didn't care for the appearance and despite its claims, I did not feel it gave a lot of protection.

Case 3 - Spigen Google Nexus 5 Case Slim. Spigen seems to have a good reputation but I picked the wrong case for my needs. While it was stylish, it was a thin shell that gave minimum protection.

Case 4 - Supcase Nexus 5 Wallet style case. Meets all my requirements for protection, appearance, feel and price.

Hopefully this has been a learning experience for my next phone!

Cheers. . .

Bi Studio

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I do not use a cover because I like just as it is, but the damage of usury are very obvious at the edges and in the written nexus (some parts are detached) :'(

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Cruzerlite case. But it has gotten stained and I really should get a new one. Love the feeling without one but I don't trust the fates as much as I once did. :)

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Ordered this from eBay, hard cover Google nexus 5 case feels like the naked phone with protection, and tempered HD glass covered,

Attachments

• 136198.jpg
    136198.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 22