A few days ago my Google Nexus 5 began constantly rebooting for no apparent reason. Most times when the phone rebooted it would not even get past the Goolge logo before rebooting again. Occasionally the phone would go farther at which point it would say that it was optimizing apps. Sometimes it would reboot again right in the middle of this process. I was not connected to WiFi at the time this whole thing began so it should not have been updating in the first place.

On the rare occasions that the phone started up completely I tried running it in Safe Mode, clearing the cache and doing a factory reset in the hopes that the issue is being caused by an app, all to no avail!!!! NOW THE PHONE WON'T EVEN TURN ON!!!!

I contacted Google but they told me that my phone is out of warranty and that I should contact LG.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with my phone??? Is it fixable??? Is there a way to get it fixed without breaking the bank???
    05-19-2015 05:28 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't have much to add if the phone won't even power on. Maybe a battery replacement might help, but it sounds like it might be the motherboard instead.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    Welcome to Android Central! Possibly a hardware failure. When you say you cleared the cache, do you mean the system cache partition, as in this guide? http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...-recovery.html
    05-19-2015 05:40 PM
    Yup that is exactly what I did.
    05-19-2015 05:42 PM
    Any advice???
    05-19-2015 06:05 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't have much to add if the phone won't even power on. Maybe a battery replacement might help, but it sounds like it might be the motherboard instead.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    05-19-2015 07:15 PM