5.1.1 Power Usage

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I installed 5.1.1 a couple of days ago. Power consumption seems to be noticeably better. Is it my imagination or are others seeing improvement?

batman-fan

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed a massive improvement.

Usually by the end of the day (before updating to 5.11) my Nexus 5 would be at about 15%-20%.

Since updating its at about 50% by the end of the day.

Very pleased so far!

Posted via the Android Central App

Iamsilvergirl

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I've really noticed it as not only do I use it all day long to listen to music but I use it as my work phone and I have work appson here.
I also listen to audio through the night and used to have to charge 3 or 4 times and have it on ac at night but now it's just once during the day to fully charge after work and topped up before a night of use. Was starting to bug me so really nice to see a company get in there first before its a huge problem. xx ❤ xx

Alexisvr88

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Is not your imagination. This update seems good! Better performance and battery. I noticed that.

Posted via T-Mobile Nexus 6 (PR Version)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting. I'm not using my 5 as a daily driver at the moment so I can't comment.
It would also be interesting to hear from users who notice no obvious difference, or even users who notice seemingly worse battery, if there be such in either category.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Just updated today so I'll let you know in a couple days. Keeping fingers crossed because it has been pretty bad with Lollipop so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke