Did the Google Nexus 5 5 5.1.1 update improve your battery life?

Tervz

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had the update at least 3 weeks, so I think I can reliably say I do see an improvement in battery time. I think most of the apps have been updated and settled in, which helps. I have seen similar results on my Nexus 9. Both the N5 and N9 are stock, 16gig and the updates were standard OTA.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My keyboard seems OK now. I hope everything stays smooth (knocking wood). Love my Nexus 5 but the updates are jarring my nerves. :)

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I've actually seen my phone take a disappointing step back with the update to 5.1.1. I've had it around a week and battery drain has crept up again, Textra is running into all sorts of issues (for an app that never so much as stuttered before, it has nearly become unusable at times). Just this morning it drained 38% in a little over 2hrs. I'm sure a restart will clear that last piece up. I've also found the modem to be borderline atrocious. Multiple times a day I need to toggle Airplane mode just to get a LTE signal at my desk (which is generally a 4 bar thing) because if it "sticks" in 3G, the 3G at my desk is virtually non-existent. It's great on LTE, just doesn't get back there a lot of the time.

BMukherjee91

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset, and the battery life improved slightly. The FR was long overdue, so, it was worth the effort.

Posted via the Android Central App

BMukherjee91

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't fr my phone in a year or so, do u think its time I did? If so what are the benefits.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fabian - B. Diddy answered your question on a separate thread. If your phone is fine - then you don't need to factory reset it. My phone had gone through a major upgrade (K to L) w/o resetting - so, I did it after I sideloaded 5.1.1. Either the upgrade or the reset seems to help improve battery life with similar usage from before the upgrade. But, if you're happy with your phone - just enjoy using it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad