Hey guys. Very first post on AC! This may seem like an odd request, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to trick the nexus 5 into thinking it's charging when it's actually discharging? I'm rooted, and have been searching for mods, but have yet to find anything. I ultimately want to get always listening functionality, which is only possible when the N5 screen is on or the phone is charging. Thus, if I can trick it into thinking it's charging, I can trick it into always listening. Any thoughts?
    06-10-2015 06:18 AM
    Hey guys. Very first post on AC! This may seem like an odd request, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to trick the nexus 5 into thinking it's charging when it's actually discharging? I'm rooted, and have been searching for mods, but have yet to find anything. I ultimately want to get always listening functionality, which is only possible when the N5 screen is on or the phone is charging. Thus, if I can trick it into thinking it's charging, I can trick it into always listening. Any thoughts?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Sounds like that could be a little tricky to do. Not sure how that would affect your battery.
    06-12-2015 11:09 AM
    Not sure but have you looked at Tasker?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-12-2015 01:30 PM