APPLYPATCH causing constant 55% CPU usage?

Nezza42

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had my UK spec Nexus 5 for a little over 18 months with no issues.

It's running 5.1.1

I've recently been having battery drain issues and a warm case back, I replaced the battery and although battery life is now drastically improved, I am still having issues.

I installed COOL TOOL from the play store

It shows that the CPU is constantly running at between 50% & 60% and that the most process intensive service is APPLYPATCH

I've done a full factory reset, and only installed cool tool & it's exactly the same!

Any ideas why APPLYPATCH is constantly running????

Thanks for any advise

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had my UK spec Nexus 5 for a little over 18 months with no issues.

It's running 5.1.1

I've recently been having battery drain issues and a warm case back, I replaced the battery and although battery life is now drastically improved, I am still having issues.

I installed COOL TOOL from the play store

It shows that the CPU is constantly running at between 50% & 60% and that the most process intensive service is APPLYPATCH

I've done a full factory reset, and only installed cool tool & it's exactly the same!

Any ideas why APPLYPATCH is constantly running????

Thanks for any advise

Welcome to Android Central!

The update to Lollipop has been a long and hard one for a lot of devices. Most of the time doing a factory reset fixes the issues. It was a major change to the OS and more than likely all those changes have messed up a lot of processes.

Nezza42

May 26, 2013
Visit site
But it's been running lollipop for months without an issue, just seems to have started recently.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk