Try this...send an SMS message to someone in Hangouts then delete the message. Now open up the Contacts app (not Dialer) and find that same person. Under the person's details you will see a section called Recents. You will see the message you just sent and deleted with no options, at least that i know of, to delete this message. It will stay there for a few days and then will disappear. But those few days keeping a deleted message is not a good thing. I can just imagine the number of people who are cheating get caught because they didn't know their spouse, boyfriend or girl friend can see who and what recent messages they've been sending to someone, that they thought they had deleted or cleared, just by browsing thru the Contacts app. I think this needs to be changed so that if you delete your messages in Hangouts it will also delete the corresponding message in Contacts instantly. In Contacts it only shows the 3 most recent messages but that's still enough to cause someone problems.
    07-12-2015 11:42 PM
    Good catch. Never thought to look at the contacts app to see if recent messages were still there or not...In the meantime, clearing the cache for the contacts app should fix that problem.
    07-13-2015 12:00 AM
    Somehow it's fixed now. When I delete recent messages in Hangouts it also deleted it in Contacts. I'm happy again.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    07-13-2015 12:11 AM
    Somehow it's fixed now. When I delete recent messages in Hangouts it also deleted it in Contacts. I'm happy again.
    That's good to hear. How are you liking the Nexus 5?
    07-13-2015 10:08 AM
    That's good to hear. How are you liking the Nexus 5?
    I'm very happy with my Nexus 5 especially since most of the bugs have been fixed with lollipop. I'm excited to see the next generation this fall. Although I prolly still keep the one I have now for another year or so.
    07-19-2015 11:11 PM