For a while now my Nexus 5 has been randomly opening the app store or opening chrome onto either random specific apps or websites, regular websites seem to be either some facebook spam page or a site that will make my phone vibrate with the website 'fun for free' appearing. Obviously i haven't knowingly click on any of these. I've tried resetting my phone to factory, changing my google profile and downloading many many virus apps (which have detected nothing) and still nothing. Some pop-up websites are Nexus 5 specific too. Any help would be much appreciated. Have gone through downloaded apps in settings and nothing strange has popped up either. Thanks
    07-13-2015 09:33 PM
    I have this exact same issue with my nexus 5 its been going on for like a month, I've been trying to just ignore it but its so annoying. Have you found a way to fix it yet ?
    07-14-2015 02:36 PM
    Kinda, I've re-cleared my chrome data (ranging from history to saved passwords) and uninstalled the facebook and facebook messenger apps (i also deleted the facebook account in my settings) which i think was what worked. For safe measure i also uninstalled any apps that werent like official (for example if you had an mp3 downloader app or silly prank app). If none of this works for you and you feel like being extra cautious i would recommend Avira which lets you password protect some of your apps (again just in case you're worried). I've done this it's been about two days without an app or webpage appearing Let me know if this helps
    07-15-2015 02:00 PM