Stagefright update failing on my N5.

stuka85

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

my phone is trying to patch the stagefright update but its failing, showing the android robot followed by "Error!" any help so the phone can update succesfully?

IMG-20150811-WA0018.jpg

Thanks.

jutuiz

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Same here... the Nexus 5 got an error and keeps booting (flying colored bullets) for almost half an hour now.
Nexus 9 went trough without any problem.

Jforssblad

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hold the power button until it turns of and then restart it.
My wife got a problem with Google+ after that so we uninstalled it and restarted the phone and updated google+ again.
After that it worked fine again.

Skickat från min C6903 via Tapatalk

AzAssassin

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got the notification that the update is available, but before I actually download/install it, I was wondering if there's any reason to not do it? Are there any problems being reported by people already done the update? A reply would definitely be appreciated!

Posted via the Android Central App

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Try wipepartition cache. Interesting to be to know what network. Is your phone branded by Operator or unbranded.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jutuiz

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Since I'm new I cannot post links - stupid rule!! - can somebody help me out?

Hello,

I managed to solve this issue, based on this thread:

??

I did not have to follow exactly the instruction, but basically peformed the following:

- I downloaded, unzipped in one folder this rom "Flash 5.0 N5-12-09-2014.zip" from here: ??
- I immediately installed the UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi in this folder
- I downloaded, unizpped in same folder this zip "Recflashr.zip" from here: ??
- I hooked the N5 to the windows PC with USB cable, put it in bootloader mode
- I launched the script file From Bootloader.bat, followed the instructions on the PC screen

Done!

The N5 needed 3 more upgrades (amongst the to hated update that blocked the device), but never got stuck again.

You probably could try to flash to the newer rom Flash 5.0.1 N5-12-17-2014.zip, but I did not try.

To be complete, I have to say, that before this I installed the Android Studio Package, and the USB device driver, but probably this dit not interfere with the above.

The N5 is 2 days up and running, so it works.

Good luck to all.

gevertex

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, wipe cache and data. If that still doesn't work, flash the latest factory image.

Just google search: "Nexus 5 factory images"

Instructions for how to flash are readily available too, but I can't post links yet, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital