OTA update won't install after stock LP ROM installed

danfinger

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Recently put stock lollipop ROM on my nexus 5, everything seemed fine, I got the OTA update to 5.1.1. Now in the last week I keep getting ‘System update downloaded’ message. I tap ‘RESTART & INSTALL’ and it will sometimes just reboot the phone, and sometimes it goes to the TWRP home screen. I’ve unrooted, that didn’t seem to work. Not sure what else I can do to get this thing installed. Is there a specific folder these updates are stored in? Thinking I could try to side load it… ? out of ideas. Thanks,

Screenshot_2015-08-19-09-46-30.jpg

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
With Lollipop the OTA update won't install if it detects that the system has been mounted read/write. You should be able to install OTA update if you flash stock unrooted firmware.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

danfinger

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
The ROM I flashed was 5.1.1 (LMY48I) from the factory images site.

apologies, I've only changed ROMs a couple of times. I assumed the firmware was bundled with the ROM image. Where does one find stock unrooted firmware? If I flash this, will it wipe my phone?

I'm using 'Nexus root toolkit' - If I just select 'Relock' OEM Lock, will that do the trick? question again is, will that wipe my phone?

Thanks again for your input.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The phone should be unrooted after flashing the stock factory image from the site. This will restore firmware and wipe data.

Pretty sure OEM lock is for locking the bootloader.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk