Nexus 5 android ota lollipop wireless connectivity problems

Ensorcel1

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks. I've heard this is a common thing among nexus devices. So I'm gonna lay it out and see if you can help me.

First off let me start out with this. Pretend im a complete *****. I know nothing about android and im not all that technologically inclined anymore. I got my nexus 5 in dec 2014 from rogers canada. Its the first android phone ive had. Im a reformed iphone 3, 4 and 4s user.

I upgraded from kitkat 4.4.4 to lollipop 5.1 through the update notification I guess its called ota. Immediately after I was unable to connect to my parents WiFi network. Every other device in the house connects but my nexus so i dont think its my router. I tried both the 2.4 network and 5.0 network. I tried rebooting, toggling airplane mode on and off, toggling wifi on and off, forgetting and reconnecting to the network. Nothing.

It says connecting then goes "saved" without connecting. And now I'm getting an authentication problem. The other day the same thing happened at home, it wouldn't connect to my WiFi network. Then spontaneously connected on its own later in the day without me telling it to. It occasionally happens to other various networks I try. CONNECTING.... SAVED. without connecting.

I read this is a nexus problem with the new lollipop OS. And according to the geniuses at Rogers Canada it is and the only way to correct it is to downgrade to KitKat. But they won't tell me how nor will they troubleshoot because they no longer sell nexus.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? And if the answer is to downgrade does anyone know a dumbed down easy way to downgrade that even I can't mess up? I'm scared to brick my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae