RIP my Nexus 5

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, I went to work and my phone was fine. I went on break, and it was dead. Won't power on, won't charge, nothing. After a bit if fighting I've given up on it. It's served me well, but my poor Nexus 5 has seen it's last days it appears. It didn't quite make it 2 years, but I still don't regret it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, I went to work and my phone was fine. I went on break, and it was dead. Won't power on, won't charge, nothing. After a bit if fighting I've given up on it. It's served me well, but my poor Nexus 5 has seen it's last days it appears. It didn't quite make it 2 years, but I still don't regret it.

Have you tried pressing and holding Power and Volume Up+Down for a minute or so? I know from personal experience that that can revive an unresponsive 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
My USB socket failed and it would only charge wirelessly. Do you get the charging light or completely dead?

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I thinks it's the 6P, which is calling it in stereo.
I got the 6. It was cheep on Amazon.

Have you tried pressing and holding Power and Volume Up+Down for a minute or so? I know from personal experience that that can revive an unresponsive 5.

Yup. Didn't help.

My USB socket failed and it would only charge wirelessly. Do you get the charging light or completely dead?

don't know anyone with a wireless charger.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, this was as much a goodbye to you guys as it was to my phone. You guys in this forum have been great.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Try banging the 5 on a hard surface on the power button side. The power button gets stuck and this can shake it lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith