6.0 wireless charging- no wake or sounds anymore

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: There is no problem- I was just remembering incorrectly.

--------

Well, found my first irritant with 6.0 and I have barely started to use it. When I take the phone off the wireless charger, it no longer wakes up... so I have to manually turn it on. I am positive before 6.0 it used to wake when I picked it up AND wake when I placed it on the charger Now it does neither. In addition, there is also no notification tone when it starts charging, so unless your wireless charger makes a sound, you will have NO IDEA that you placed the phone correctly or that it is charging. (And yes "charging sounds" is still set "on" in "other sounds")

I can't tell if this is a bug or intentional.

Last edited:

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 5 makes a noise when I put the phone on the charger if it needs more than 10% topped. My phone did not automatically "wake" when I picked it up off the charger with Android 5.1.

kluecke

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
My screen never turned on previously when placing my N5 on a wireless charger or taking it off - I'm surprised to hear that yours did. My phone usually makes a noise when I place it on the charger, although that has been hit or miss under 5.0, 5.1 and now 6.0.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I am losing my mind?

My Mom has the N5 also and I told her NOT to load the update yet.... I will try to remember to quiz her about it this weekend when I call, and report back.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine still makes the noise, and wakes when I put it on the charger. It does not, and never has, wake when I pick it up...

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 5 makes a noise when I put the phone on the charger if it needs more than 10% topped. My phone did not automatically "wake" when I picked it up off the charger with Android 5.1.

OK, this is what is happening- it makes no sound if it 90% or more already. Yep, that is the way it was before. But I have rarely had the phone have that high of a battery when I get home. NOW that happens much more often (standby times are huge now)! So that is what changed for me.

If it is below 90%, it makes a sound and wakes when placed on the charger. I thought it used to wake on remove, but I think maybe my memory is just defective.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1