Why does my Nexus 5 randomly shutdown?

Arko Sarkar

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 5 Random Shutdown

This details is going to be long...sorry about that, but I'm extremely worried so please help me soon.

My nexus 5 is 1 year 2 months old, bought in india, currently out-of-warranty. I never ever rooted or made any software changes, it's on 6.0 Marshmallow on legit OTA software updates.

When I'd updated to Lollipop, few days it'd do random reboot, but it'd complete the reboot and the problem ended automatically in sometime.

Now, I'd installed 6.0 OTA, but now from past night the phone started doing these activities to be exact:

" While operating yesterday night, it randomly showed me 'Google' (which's shown when the phone starts) and the phone turned off. It was just a start. Today morning, it again doing same things when I turned phone on. If I press "Power+VolumeDown" it shows me the bootloader menu, but immediately switches to 'Google' screen, but here it starts showing in an infinite loop. So the "Power+VolumeDown" isn't working, only direct power button is turning phone on. Now when directly phone is turned on, if I press the power button once, it immediately goes to sleep and wakes up, I repeat this and the phone repeats this 2-3 times; if by-chance the phone sleeps by normal power button click and again if I try to turn it on, then on clicking power button it directly shows 'power off' (which is normally shown after waking up device and holding the power button, I try removing the option of 'power off' but it doesn't go and after 2-3 tries it goes, unlocks the screen, hangs for 2 seconds, shows google and repeats the same story.

Now I just did factory reset, now the phone had started but it again swiched off and now it isn't turning on again.

Please please help me what can be the problem? As in first thing I'm going service centre tomorrow morning, but as it's out of warranty how much they'll charge Idk, I mean can anyone along with solving above problem give a solution that what can be the cost, is this only a software issue (as I said I never made any roots anything, only thing phone ever might have got damaged would be by falling off from height, which last was dropped atleast 6 month ago, and I updated to 6.0 in mid-beginning of October, while this is the end, so what can be the problem exactly and only software issue it will be? What can be expected cost? In India Mumbai and would be going to service centre tomorrow, I really don't trust Indian Service centres as they idk how much will they overcharge and how should I tackle them please tell?
Can anything mentioned till now be a hardware issue and be charged more for?

I'd also like to mention that I've absolutely zero idea about rooting and any other advance things so please don't provide any advanced resolutions which go completely above my head.

Please help me soon, I never did any modifications to the phone, and I wouldn't be getting a new one anytime soon, so I don't want my phone to be like this because i'm scare that at this moment it's either beyond repair or would be charged too much to repair..

pirateghostabc

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Lots of folks having issues with random restarting Nexus 5 after Marshmallow, myself included. Not very happy with Google right now. There is something wrong with Marshmallow.

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Random Shutdown

The same thing happened to me when I first got the phone it would randomly turn off, it got so bad. I called LG and they gave me a return address, turns out my mother board was damaged, they fixed it and returned it

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC