Is the N5 a good upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy S3?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
My phone still works great and AT&T sent me the unlock code over a year ago. I've seen good deals on the 16gb N5 but it lacks the SD card slot the Moto G has. So I'm curious what you folks here think about the phone. I don't like the looks or price of the new Nexus 5 so that's out of the question. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

luisvic2

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what type of phone you're trying to get, I loved my Nexus 5 and I'm still using it today. Only issue is battery life and camera, but other than that a great phone

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.. I'm not a big gamer nor do I require the phone to shoot photos like a dslr. My GS3 is pretty fast, gets good battery life but as you know is not going to get upgrade above Kit Kat. From the sound of it the N5 doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
That kind of depends -- even the N4 is actually an improvement on the S3 (Snapdragon S4 Pro (quad-core) vs. S4 on the S3 (dual-core), except the camera, of course), so the N5 will be a noticeable step up, plus you'll be at Marshmallow and can use LTE bands. Of course, this is all moot if you're using Verizon.