PC recognizes Nexus 5 but shows a blank page on opening?

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
PC recognizes Nexus 5 but shows a blank page on opening

There is a similar post entitled " PC recognizes Nexus but then I can't access my storage". None of the solutions offered seem to apply to my situation. This is a new problem for me as I have previously had no difficulty connecting to my PC transferring files, especially music files.

Windows 7 on PC, Android 6 on Nexus 5. I am not rooted.

One solution mentioned in the other similar post said to go to:
Settings|Storage and USB|3dots| Menu in the Upper R Corner| USB Computer Connection is MTP
When I click on the 3 dots all I see is the option for "help and feedback". Help offers no useful help.

Accessing the device manager on the PC shows the Nexus 5 under portable devices. Clicking to update drivers shows the drivers are up to date.

Looking at "Devices and Printers" shows 2 Nexus 5 icons. One is described as a portable media player. Clicking on it brings up the blank page. The other icon under properties lists the device as a phone. Double clicking on the icon brings up Bluetooth operations which shows PC<->BT<->Nexus 5. I currently have Bluetooth turned off on the Nexus 5.

I'm totally baffled. Hoping for help.
Eva

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: PC recognizes Nexus 5 but shows a blank page on opening

This is a feature of marshmallow. When you connect, pull down notification shade and select USB for charging>More Options.
e56d277e0fb1798bed3755fe4e30330a.jpg
fa35e0d80940b1a0f7ed6e3ef9b448dc.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith