Anyone With Issues After November 01, 2015 Android Security Patch Update?

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 5 running Marshmallow received a notice that there was a system update available so I downloaded and installed the Android security patch dated November 01, 2015. The patch was installed successfully so I assumed there was no issues. Everything was working fine until I left the coverage area of my WiFi network and had to use my T-Mobile 4G LTE data connection. I started to notice that several of my apps including SiriusXM and Google Now could not connect.

I did some testing and determined that the problem is related to the Private Internet Access VPN app I use. I get failed connections when using the VPN using a UDP connection on the cellular network. When I connect using TCP, everything works fine. When I am using a WiFi connection, everything works fine regardless of the connection type. Also, everything works fine when there is no VPN.

I am convinced my connection problems are related to the security patch because:
1. Everything worked until I installed the patch
2. My Nexus 6P is still on Android Security Patch dated October 01, 2015 has no connection issues running the same apps.

Anyone else have issues with the latest security patch? TIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy